Friday, June 3, 2011

James Hobley: Judge me on dancing, not my autism

James Hobley: Judge me on dancing, not my autism

AUTISTIC dance sensation James Hobley has urged BGT fans to vote him a winner for his PERFORMANCE alone.

The youngster, who overcame his disability to dazzle judges with his fancy footwork, won huge praise when he appeared in Wednesday's semi-final.
David Hasselhoff told the 11-year-old he was an "absolute inspiration" before adding: "He's my all-time favourite to win this competition."
But James wants to be judged only on his dancing in tomorrow's ITV1 final.
He said: "It was exciting to get the comments from The Hoff but it's nerve-racking because he expects more next time."
Unknown to viewers, James had to hold his BREATH during a lot of Wednesday's performance because there was so much dry ice on the stage.
He said: "I managed quite well by holding my breath - there was much less smoke in rehearsal!
"It was so exciting and my family were really pleased, I'm just chuffed that I got through. The whole experience has helped me with my confidence."
BGT is not the first time viewers have seen James, from Redcar, North Yorks. At the beginning of last year he was on Sky1's Got To Dance.
Host Davina McCall said at the time: "He's a gifted dancer and dancing has helped him in the most amazing way."
James - who puts in a staggering FIVE HOURS of training each day - desperately needs the £100,000 BGT prize to pay for his ballet training. He explained: "I have a sponsored place at ballet school in September but it will not take me as far as the sixth form.
"I would have to leave then because we couldn't pay. All I really want to do is to dance.
"People say I'm like Billy Elliot but I would rather be known just for being myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment